Please answer all the studyguide questions, so that I can study it for my midterm. It is simple questions, I need them all answered. It is a Child Development class. It is in the files section below.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Study Guide, Miodrag, Spring 2019
Exam #2 Chapters 4, 5, 6, Bronfenbrenner and all notes
CADV 350: Applied Cognitive Development
What systems did Bronfenbrenner propose?
Be able to describe all of Bronfenbrenner’s systems
Understand newborns and their visual acuity
Know which senses are (and are not) adult-‐like at birth
Understand depth perception and the visual cliff experiment
Understand the Goldilocks effect
How would you characterize infants who are “short lookers”?
Understand the mobile-‐kick paradigm by Rover-‐Collier and colleagues.
Identify the first and last phase
Understand the findings on infants and television viewing. What does the
American Academy of Pediatrics recommend?
Understand the concept of infant habituation to familiar stimuli
Understand the concept of object permanence
Understand the idea of categorization
What is communication? What is language?
How do we learn language?
Understand the various features of language:
• What is fast mapping?
• Understand critical period in language development (what is an example)?
• What does Noam Chomsky propose?
• What is poverty of stimulus?
• Describe infant-‐directed speech – how would you characterize it?
• How would you characterize babbling? What is being combined? At what age
does it start?
• What is lexical development?
• Understand the concept of underextension and an example of it
• Understand the concept of overextension and an example of it
• Understand the concept of overregularization and an example of it
• How would you describe children’s first words?
• Understand what holophrases are
• Understand what telegraphic speech is
• What is Language Acquisition Device?
• Understand the benefits of bilingualism
Our essay writing service fulfills every request with the highest level of urgency.