1. A bank has a $2 million market value position in a 6-year, zero coupon bond.The bond is yielding 8%.The mean change in the daily yields of the 6-year, zero coupon bond has been 2 basis points over the past year with a standard deviation of 10 basis points.Using these data and assuming the yield changes are normally distributed:(a) What is the highest yield change expected if a 99 percent confidence level is required?(b) What is the daily earnings at risk (DEAR) using a 99 percent confidence level?(c) Please interpret in words the meaning of the DEAR you calculated in part (b).2. Bank of Detroit has estimated that its 1 million euro position is subject to market risk.The spot exchange rate is €1=$1.15.Over the past six months, the spot exchange rate has a mean 5 basis points and a standard deviation 40 basis points.Determine the bank’s DEAR for this € position using a 99 percent confidence level.3. Suppose a bank holds a $2 million trading position in stocks that has a beta 2.0.Suppose that the daily changes in returns for the portfolio have a mean 0 and standard deviation 1%. Determine the bank’s DEAR for this equity position using a 99 percent confidence level.4. What is prepayment risk? What are the two primary factors that cause early payment?5. What is credit risk?What are the five Cs of credit?6. What are the limitations of the RiskMetrics model?7. What is a total return swap? How does a total return swap differ from a credit default swap?8. Use the following market-value balance sheet information to answer the following questions.Assets (in millions)Liabilities (in millions)___Assets Duration=8 years$1000Liab Duration=4 years$850Equity$150What is the institution’s leverage-adjusted duration gap?Now the interest rate is 6%.If next year the interest rate shifts upward 50 basis points (i.e., 0.5%), what is the impact on the FI’s market value of equity?c. Suppose that the bank macrohedges using Treasury bond futures that are currently priced at 98.(One Treasury bond futures contract has face value $100,000).Assume the Treasury bond has a duration of 5 years.How many Treasury bond futures contracts would be needed?Should the bank buy or sell Treasury bond futures, why?ps: please come out the solving process and formula as well thank you so much!
FIN432 HW Market Value – Percent Confidence Level Questions Assignment
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.