******* please respond to the discussion below with a paragraph add citation and references 🙂 *******Why does making end of life decision for a patient have a big impact on the family? For some families the bond is strong and tend to respect the patient’s decision to pass, but for others it is hard to let them go and tend to go against the patient’s wishes. As nurses it is our job to honor the patient’s wishes but at the same time, respect the family’s feelings. When an elder loses his/her independence due to critical illness and must be cared by the family, stress and problems tend to build up amongst the family. Now these days most family have a two adult working and becomes difficult to step up and become their mother/father’s caregiver. It is important for the patient to create advance directives for end of life care and visualize their own death as being peaceful and dignified, in order to communicate their decisions with their family. According to Sue Z. Green, “time often passes between creation of an advance directive, including correlation discussions with practitioners and family regarding wishes, and the time in life when the directive is needed” (Green, 2019). Naturally, the family wants to honor the patient’s decision to pass at home, but financial support of a hospice nurse tends to be expensive for some. This is when physicians, nurses, and social workers can step up and help provide other options to ease the patient and family. Regardless of what conflicts the family may have on the decisions the patient has made, advocating and following the patient’s Advance directives are the priority. Educate the family and the patient on all end of life options and help them come together as a unity to make the end process easy. Reference: Green, S. (2018). Health assessment foundations for effective practice: Health Assessment of the Aging Adult. Retrieved from: https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs434vn/health-assessment-foundations-for-effective-practice/v1.1/#/chapter/5
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.