1)Carbon makes up a large portion of human composition, and of living organisms on earth. Given that carbon makes up so little of the elements in earths crust or atmosphere, how do “we” not run out of carbon for living organisms?2) Hydrocarbons are not utilized by living organisms without modifications. What are the modifying molecules called? What properties do these molecules give to hydrocarbons so they can be utilized?3) List a real-life example of a monomer and a polymer carbohydrate.4) List 2 major functions polysaccharides provide organisms. 5) Chemically, how are carbohydrates and lipids different from each other (at least 2 different things)? 6) How does saturation of a fatty acid affect its physical structure (think about temperature)?7) Phospholipids make up what essential cellular structure? What unique physical property do they have?8) List 3 steroids. What class of biomolecule do steroids belong to? In what way is cholesterol good for organisms?9) Illustrate and name the 3 major functional units of an Amino Acid molecule. Which functional unit determines the type of amino acid?10) What the 3 major functional units make up a DNA molecule? Draw a DNA molecule and label the units.11) List the nitrogenous bases found in DNA and RNA12) What kind of bond forms the “heart” of the DNA double helix?13) Where can each class of biomolecule be found in a cell?14) Compare and contrast prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. List at least 2 similarities and 2 differences. 15) Does a single celled organism have to be a prokaryote? Explain your answer with an example.16) What goes on inside the nucleus? What is contained inside, and what is it’s purpose?17) What are ribosomes? List all the places they can be found in a cell. (2)18) The endomembrane system includes a number of organelles in a eukaryotic cell. Describe what happens to a protein as it travels
Study guide for biology: Molecules – carbon cycle – Saturates
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.